As you may have seen, the inimitable Anissa Zajac of House Seven Design did a living room makeover featuring The Dune sofa and Mercer chairs (both in pristine White Performance Washed Linen) just before the holidays.
Anissa is the master of bringing festive, seasonal decor into her home without going Santa-crazy, so with the holidays just around the corner, we sat down with her to get her tips on chic, subtle decor that still feels merry and bright.
Read on for Anissa’s top 5 tips for simple, elegant decorating that will make your home the envy of the neighborhood.
1. On slipcovered pieces - like The Dune sofa - swap your slipcover for a crisp/winter white look. This bright neutral makes the perfect backdrop for holiday accessorizing.
2. Use craft-store hoops to create graphic garland decor. Simply tie trimmings from a few different tree varieties (We used fir, white pine, even bay leaves to make the ones for our home) to the hoops using florist twine and layer for a sophisticated look.
3. Balance more modern and graphic furniture - like The Mercer chair - with plaid accessories for a cozy, traditional touch.
4. To create the perfect wrapping (and elevate the look under tree), use butcher paper or raw paper boxes tied with black velvet ribbon for a luxe, magazine-worthy look
5. Don't overload on "holiday" decor - a pine-green velvet pillow mixed in with your seasonless neutrals can make a big, yet elegant impact.
Ready to get started on your own Maiden Home? A great first step is to order swatches.